Graduate Nursing Programs at Waynesburg University
Waynesburg University offers three graduate level nursing programs to enhance your career.
Our RN to BSN program is perfect for the RN looking for advancement opportunities and is a pre-requisite for an MSN.
- 16-month program for completion of BSN curriculum
- 4 online, 15-week courses may be taken simultaneously with the core nursing courses offered on site (one online course per semester)
- Block scheduling for the convenience of the working nurse
- Year-round course offerings with scheduled breaks throughout the year
- Accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
The 48-credit Dual Master of Science in Nursing with concentrations in both Nursing Administration and Nursing Education is designed for the professional nurse who seeks a career in nursing leadership within an educational setting or a manager who wants to do some teaching.
- Degree completion in 8 semesters or as paced
- Class at regional sites including Waynesburg, Monroeville, North Hills, and Southpointe
- Two 8-week sessions per semester with rolling
- admissions to any session
- Evening classes one night per week from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m.
Waynesburg University DNP graduates will be prepared
to serve as nurse executives within the healthcare system.
Graduates of a DNP program will develop very sophisticated
skills in the following highly desired areas:
- Leadership of teams and organizations
- Strategic planning and resource utilization
- Critical evaluation and application of current research and best practice protocols
- Development and management of quality improvement initiatives
- Quantitative methods for data-based decision making and budgetary planning