A team of nine students will serve with the Pittsburgh Project Friday, Nov. 2, through Sunday, Nov. 4. Students will be led by Dave Calvario, dean of students and the director of the Center for Service Leadership at Waynesburg University.
Partnering with The Pittsburgh Project, students will provide free home repairs for those who may not be able to complete the tasks without assistance. In many cases, the improvements save the owner from possible citation or eviction. Projects include hanging drywall, constructing wheelchair ramps and replacing doors, floors and windows.
Students participating in The Pittsburgh Project mission trip include:
- Marie Albensi, a sophomore nursing major from Valencia, Pa. (Mars Area High School)
- Thomas Ellis, a sophomore small business management major from Fresno, Ohio (Ridgewood High School)
- Erin Kern, a sophomore psychology major from Friedens, Pa. (Somerset Area High School)
- Christopher Marghella, a sophomore criminal justice administration major from North Huntingdon, Pa. (Norwin High School)
- Zach Morgan, a freshman sports management major from Greencastle, Pa. (Grace Academy)
- Theresa Parry, a criminal justice administration major from Wallington, N.J. (Hawthorne Christian Academy)
- Robbie Schultz, a junior English (creative writing) major from New Florence, Pa. (Ligonier Valley High School)
- Shelby Tabrosky, a sophomore communication (sports broadcasting/information) major from Glenshaw, Pa. (Shaler Area High School)
- Maria Wisnewiski, a sophomore nursing major from Irwin, Pa. (Penn-Trafford High School)
# # #
Contact: Ashley Wise, Communication Specialist
724.852.7675 or firstname.lastname@example.org