A team of 20 Waynesburg University students will travel to Concord, N.C., during their spring break to assist the Cabarrus County, N.C., Habitat for Humanity affiliate. Waynesburg University students will depart Sunday, March 10, and will return Friday, March 15. The trip will be led by Pat Bristor, associate dean of students and director of Student Services and Dr. Chad Sherman, instructor of communication at Waynesburg University.
The students will assist with building homes to address substandard housing issues in North Carolina.
“As we build a house for a family in need, my hope for the students is that they will strengthen their relationship with God and understand why God has called them to work through him,” Bristor said.
Habitat for Humanity is a global nonprofit Christian housing organization that seeks to put God’s love into action by bringing people together to build homes, communities and hope. Since 1976, Habitat has served more than 500,000 families by welcoming people of all races, religions and nationalities to construct, rehabilitate or preserve homes.
Students participating in this mission trip include:
• Juan Angel, a junior engineering/math major from Caracas
• Jennifer Brown, a freshman biblical & ministry studies (international ministry) major from Latrobe (Greater Latrobe High School)
• Northe Campbell-Escalante, a junior exercise science (wellness/physiology) major from Pittsburgh (Woodland Hills High School)
• Joshuah Dains, a sophomore business management major from Clarksville
(Jefferson-Morgan High School)
• Dana Della Loggia, a junior accounting major from Hershey
(Mount Calvary Christian School)
• Samantha Ervin, a junior criminal justice administration major from Irwin
(Norwin High School)
• Quincy Hathaway, a sophomore environmental science major from Jefferson (Carmichaels High School)
• Cody Hillberry, a sophomore with undeclared major from Sycamore (home schooled)
• Amanda Immel, a senior nursing major from Sellersville (Christopher Dock Mennonite High School)
• Erin Kern, a sophomore psychology major from Friedens (Somerset Area High School)
• Sarah Kirk, a freshman nursing major from Pittsburgh (Plum High School)
• James Law, a sophomore biblical & ministry studies (children & youth) from Erie
(McDowell High School)
• Kaitlyn Marteney, a sophomore forensic accounting major from Berlin
(Berlin Brothers Valley High School)
• Brittney Nard, a senior nursing major from Pittsburgh. (Shaler High School)
• Gregory Reinhart, a senior communication (electronic media) major from North Royalton, Ohio (North Royalton High School)
• Corey Rugh, a sophomore biology (pre-dental/medical/veterinary) major from
Smithfield (Albert Gallatin High School)
• Rachel Snavely, a freshman music ministry major from Manheim.
(Manheim Central High School)
• Brianna Watt, a sophomore nursing major from Waynesburg (Waynesburg Central High School)
• Melissa Yoder, a junior finance major from Hollsopple (Conemaugh Township High School)
• Dylan Zeigler, a sophomore biblical & ministry studies (religion & philosophy) major from Knox, (Keystone High School)
# # #
Contact: Samantha McClintock, Communication Specialist
724.852.3384 or firstname.lastname@example.org