Waynesburg students selected for Pennsylvania Intercollegiate Band Festival
This weekend, five Waynesburg University students will travel to Mansfield University in Mansfield, Pa., to participate in the 66th Annual Pennsylvania Intercollegiate Band Festival. The students selected will represent Waynesburg University with a range of instruments including trumpet, bassoon, alto saxophone, clarinet and tenor saxophone.
The students look forward to working with the 2013 festival’s guest conductor, Lt. Col. Alan L. Bonner. The esteemed conductor spent 26 years with the United States Air Force, the last four of which he served as the Commander and Conductor of the United States Air Force Band in Washington, D.C.
Bonner is the current National Executive Director for Kappa Kappa Psi and Tau Beta Sigma National Band Honor Fraternity and Sorority head-quartered in Stillwater, Okla. He has appeared as a guest conductor internationally in Japan, Australia, Norway, Italy and Lithuania.
Waynesburg students participating in the festival will rehearse extensively with other students and professionals from the commonwealth Friday, March 15 and Saturday, March 16. The official concert will begin Sunday, March 17 at 2:30 p.m. The concert will take place in the Butler Center at Mansfield University and is open to the public.
Students participating include:
• Ryan Condello, a junior business management major from McMurray (Upper Saint Clair High School)
• Mark Fordyce, a senior business management major from New Freeport (West Greene High School)
• Brittany Nimal, a junior forensic accounting major from Hickory (Fort Cherry High School)
• Emily Roper, a senior biblical and ministries studies (children and youth) major from Shippensburg (Shippensburg High School)
• Jonathan Zeleny, a senior arts administration major from Waynesburg (Waynesburg Central High School)
# # #
Contact: Samantha McClintock, Communication Specialist
724.852.3384 or email@example.com